After spending a full year on maternity leave with my son, Landon, it was time to go back to work! It was about a month before I was scheduled to go back to work, and I started to panic a little. How on earth am I going to balance being a good mom to my son, and a good employee at the same time?
Well, these five tips are what gave Landon, my husband and I a wonderfully smooth transition. Everything has been going great, and I am really enjoying being back at work!
- Find someone or place that you trust to leave your children with. This can be challenging I know!
- Meal plan!
- Planning meals and doing a weekly grocery shop for those meals saves you a lot of time! Packing lunches after dinner also saves you from running around in the morning.
- Use a calendar
- I find the iCloud calendar to be a huge help, because both my husband and I can see it at any time.
- But, I’m also one who likes to see it on a big board in front of me, so I have a big calendar in my kitchen.
- Plan special activities to do as a family on your days off
- This is something that I so look forward to. Even if it’s just a family run with Landon in the stroller, and our dog Zola on leash. We are able to get away from our phones, computers, etc. and enjoy nature as a family while getting some good fresh air. Which brings me to my last point…
- Make time for exercise
- When I go a day without getting some form of exercise, I can feel it. Somehow, even if I get in a 30 minute run outside in the fresh air, it gives me a burst of energy no matter how tired I am. Not to mention we need to take care of our bodies, and be a good example for our little ones.
Posted on February 25, 2014 by Christine Wells | Permalink